Saturday, December 14, 2013

Holiday/Hudson Update

 It's been awhile since I've updated.  We have been trucking along through the holiday season.  Hudson continues to do well in Pre K, and I cannot believe how fast this school year is flying by. 

 We had a quiet but nice Thanksgiving.  The break from work/school was much needed and we enjoyed our time off.  My cute little Indian didn't feel so great, so he missed his school party, but thankfully he bounced back pretty quick.
He's growing like a weed, and continues to keep us on our toes.  He is at such a fun age where simple answers just will not do anymore.  I often find myself having to think fast as he wants to know things like "Why doesn't our house fall down if the Earth turns away from the sun in the Winter?".  REALLY???  I'm glad that he's so smart and always wanting to learn new things even if they do seem a little complicated for a 4 year old.  I never thought that I would be teaching him all about gravity, the Earth's axis, and rotation of the Earth so soon!



Hudson is excited about Christmas, and had a nice visit with the big guy in the red suit.  He told him that he wanted a remote control dinosaur, golf clubs, and monster trucks.  He's been a pretty good boy, so I think Santa may deliver on those requests.
This was the first year that Hudson really got into decorating for Christmas.  He had so much fun helping put all of the ornaments on the tree.  He told a story about each one.  He also enjoyed decorating his smaller tree.  He made a cute Advent chain at school that is a construction paper link chain.  On each link is something to thank God for.  All of his classmates' names are on a link as well as things like food, clothing, church, etc.  It has been a cute little thing that Huddy has looked forward to each night.  He gets excited to read what each chain says, then pray and thank God for that day's blessing. 


We were excited for Hudson to be a "Miracle Kid" for this year's Children's Hospital of Georgia annual Cares for Kids Radiothon.  I did a pre recorded interview with Jodi from Murphy, Sam, and Jodi telling Hudson's story about our experience with the hospital through his surgery.  Jodi set the interview to music, and it was really cool.  We went down to the hospital during the radiothon and did a live interview.  It was really neat to be a part of the fundraising efforts for the hospital that we love so much.

The Christmas parties have begun, and we really enjoyed getting together with our friends.
This was the best picture I could get of these 4.  Can you believe how big the babies are?  They can hardly be considered "babies" anymore.  It seems like Claire and Hudson should be that small. 
I love this picture of these two.  Best friends.  They are surely two peas in a pod.  More like siblings than friends.  Hudson told me out of the blue the other day that he "decided as soon as he was born that Claire was going to be his best friend".  I'm so glad that they have such a special bond.


More party fun

Christmas will be here in 11 days, and I have only bought a few gifts.  I need to get myself in gear and do some shopping.  It will get done eventually.  I am looking forward to our long Christmas break from work/school.  We get 4 extra days off this year which makes it almost 3 weeks out of school.  I can't wait to go to Hudson's school Christmas party, have Christmas with our families, and just spend time relaxing at home.  I hope that you and your families are enjoying this holiday season.  
Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment