Monday, May 23, 2011

21 months

Dear Hudson,
On Wednesday you turn 21 months old. Of course it's beyond my comprehension as to how fast you have changed from my little baby into this smart little boy. You are almost 2! I'm so proud of you and the person that you are becoming.





You're quite the polite little one, using your manners without being prompted. You say "peeees", "kank-koo", and "you're welcome" all the time. It makes my heart smile to hear you using these kind words. Whenever you leave in the mornings with Nana, you blow me a kiss and say "bye, see ya later, love you". You are SO sweet!!!

You can identify and say all of the words from the "My Baby Can Read" (3year and up) set of flash cards. You talk ALL. THE. TIME. You say everything and everywhere we go people are always shocked when they ask me how old you are and I tell them you're one and a half. They think you are older because of your vocabulary and the way you interact. We can carry on a conversation with you now, and it is wonderful.
If you are in another room, you will call us and when we say "what", you say "I'm right here." Too cute! Your new love is cars and trucks. In true "boy" style your first choice in toys is any kind of ball, and your cars and trucks.

You don't eat nearly as much as you used to, but you know what you like. You don't have a problem placing your order when it's meal time. Your favorite thing to ask for right now is a "bur-ga".

You had a huge milestone this month by pee-peeing in the potty. I'm looking forward to getting you potty trained soon now that school is out.

You have always been a great sleeper, sleeping 10 hours at night with 2 naps during the day, but for the past week you have been waking up REALLY early and wanting to get in the bed with mommy and daddy. You didn't do it this morning, so I hope that it was just a little phase. We have been SO lucky with you and your wonderful sleep habits.

You are still wearing 24 months and some 2T stuff, but most 2T shorts are too big. You moved up a shoe size this month to 7 1/2wide.

You are FEARLESS, so you keep us on our toes at all times.

You are at the beach right now with Nana, Papa, Holly, LD, Lynda, and Ella. You are having a blast and loving being with Ella. I'm super excited about getting there tomorrow after my last day of post planning. Last July when we went to the beach you had just started walking and were still a little wobbly. This year you never slow down. We are going to have a great summer! I love you precious boy and I am so blessed to be your Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment