Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Graduation Lee!!

We had the best time this past weekend in Valdosta for my brother, Lee's graduation from Valdosta State University. It was fun to take Hudson to my old stomping grounds. The city and college have grown so much since I graduated in 2003. Valdosta is such a wonderful city that will always hold such special memories for me. It's small town charm gets into your blood and holds on forever. It's a place where I met some of my very best friends on the planet as well as other wonderful people who I love and will always treasure our relationships.
The weekend was too short. Every single moment was planned, and we were always on the go, but we had a great time. I just wish we could have stayed longer. There were so many more people that I would have loved to see, and so many more things that I wanted to do. That just means that we will have to make another trip down there soon.

If you ever wondered how to get a one year old to sit through an entire college graduation, just follow these three simple steps...

1. First, pull out snacks.
2. Next, pull out the toys...don't forget to take the toys that don't make noise.


3. Finally, as a last resort, pull out the portable DVD player with the one year old's favorite movie playing.



Following those 3 easy steps will result in an enjoyable graduation experience for all guests seated around the one year old. (It doesn't hurt to have a pretty great kid too!)

My bro, graduating magna cum laude with a degree in business administration, and a degree in economics...Lee with one of his professorsThe grad with his most favorite nephew!




friends

Mom and Lee right after he came out

happy to be finished


Jon and Lee..friends since they were little
Mom, Lee, and Dad
LD, Lee, and Lynda


The most beautiful college campus there is. I love this place.

I've spent lots of time on this front lawn. It was really neat having my baby there with me, running around and having fun. Did I ever mention that he likes to run? I loved the sun rays on West Hall, but was disappointed when I saw the orange spot after I uploaded this. I guess there was a spot of water from the fountain on my lens.





The next pictures are just snapshots of my boy having fun.






He spotted an airplane.




I love this sweet little smile.Yelling at the airplane..



We couldn't leave without taking pictures by the fountain. Love the rainbow in these shots.Future VSU graduate...







A tired boy after a long weekend. He fell asleep in the car before we even got out of Valdosta.Bye Valdosta, see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment