Thursday, February 9, 2012

First Dentist Visit

I cannot say enough good things about Southern Smiles Pediatric Dentistry. I called a few months ago to set up his first dentist visit, and from the first phone call, I felt so comfortable. The whole experience was fantastic. All of the staff at the office were phenomenal, welcoming, and great with small children. I have to admit that I was a little nervous not knowing how Hudson would react. Going to the doctor has been an ordeal each time since his surgery. We spent lots of time talking to him about this visit and explaining what was going to happen and that this wasn't the doctor. He has been excited about "going to the dentist to get my teeth counted" all week.
The waiting room was very inviting and had lots of fun things to see and do. He did pretty good, but didn't like laying back and getting the flouride on his teeth. Dr. Perry was really fast, and so friendly. It was great to have Kathleen work with Hudson today too.


He was so proud of his certificate...



......and has been walking around with his "back-pack" all evening.



Look at those pearly whites!!!

I'm so glad he had a good "first" dentist experience!

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you had such a great experience. When I took my first child to the dentists , he was kicking and screaming the whole time. It was pretty traumatic for my child, the dentist, and me. Thankfully me second child was better, but I was thinking that I would never go again with my first child. Thankfully after the first visit, he realized that the dentist was a really nice person and that going to the dentist was okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I could really tell that your son did great and he definitely enjoyed his first dental visit. See? He didn’t even want to put down that bag. Hahaha! When is his next appointment? I’m sure that he’s excited for that! ;)

    ReplyDelete