Saturday, July 24, 2010

11 months old!

Whoa! These months are rolling by! Hudson is 11 months today and growing like a weed.

Some new things this month:

He's 22lbs

NO MORE PACIFIER!!!!!!

7 teeth with 2 more coming in.

H's eating mostly table food. He does have baby food sometimes so that I can make sure we hit all the food groups and that he gets enough.

So far, we have found nothing that he does not like to eat.

He LOVES blueberries, Mandarin oranges, and corn. (not together)

He's talking more and more. He consistently says mama, dada, mom, dat (that), nana, no, hey, bye-bye, ba (ball), mo (more) and other things that I am unable to interpret yet.

The boy runs as he cruises the furniture. He has all of the little walking toys that you push and he runs with those.

He took 5 steps by himself yesterday, He's SOOOO close to walking! He loves to walk/run with you holding one of his hands.

He will blow you a kiss when asked.

He likes to "give you five" when you ask him to.

My dad taught him how to shake hands like a real man. He's so cute doing it.

He's a monkey! He climbs on, up, around, and through everything.

He's really starting to test his limits, and knows the meaning of the word "no". He will laugh if I pop him on the hand. (grrrrr) I'm learning that he's VERY strong willed. My mom tells me it's pay back.

He's MUCH more independent, and wants to do everything himself.


We recently found out that Hudson will be having surgery on August 31st for his kidney problem. You can read the details in my previous post. Thank you all so much for the support, prayers, and kind words you have sent our way concerning Hudson's surgery. I still can't imagine going through it, but God is in control and is going to take care of our boy.

Summer is coming to an end and I am really going to miss spending my days with Hud. I know he will be really glad to be with Claire everyday again. It will be a big adjustment for me to get back into the swing of things with school. One thing that we are looking forward to is his first birthday party. I'm having fun planning it, but can't believe it's time. He continues to be such a joy in our lives. It's hard to believe that we tried for so long to get him here and now he's almost a year old

Here are a few pictures that were taken at Barrett and Carter's birthday party last weekend. They were taken by Ashleigh of Ashleigh Dees Photography.

1 comment:

  1. awesome! My daughter has only one tooth ;] and it just started to come in about two weeks ago. I will keep your son in my prayers, he is a cute little boy ;]

    ReplyDelete