Thursday, October 21, 2010

Moments like these

As I read back over Hudson's monthly progress posts, I realize that some are short and sweet, and some are a tad bit sappy. I guess it just depends on my mood at the time, and how much time I have to sit and type the post out. Mainly I document these month to month changes for myself and for Hudson in the future to look back on. I'm not very good at writing in his baby book (I think I've done it twice since he's been born...oopps), and it's easier to just sit and type out changes, milestones, and everything that I'd like to remember.



On that note, here's Hudson's 14 month post. It's a little long, so please forgive me.


Dear Hudson,

Today you are 14 months old. It baffles me to think that you have been on this earth for that long. The weather change, and Fall season have really made me think about last year this time when you were a newborn, and all the things we did. Everything was as new to your dad and me as it was to you. You've taught us so much and made us so much better. What in the world did we do before you were born?!?! It has been a total joy to watch you grow and change day to day. You have been such a delight to us and to our whole family. We are so thankful that God chose YOU to be our baby boy. We love your beautiful, bright smile and big eyes. Your laugh is music to my ears.


Your vocabulary has expanded a lot this past month, and you really seem to understand a lot more each day. When you see a picture of yourself, you smile and say "baby" or "Hud". You are a pro at walking, and running. You pull things, push things, back up, step over things, turn around, walk backwards, and can pull a wagon full of flowers through a pumpkin patch! You are mastering the temper tantrum, and if you don't get what you want, you will throw your head back and arch your back while throwing yourself down. You've been to time out several times for this. This is the first month you have cut more teeth since July. Now you have two of your molars, and you have 10 teeth total. You sing a lot now, and it's too sweet. You and Claire are two peas in a pod. You really love her and when you two play, you interact much more. We took your paci before you were one, but when you had your first surgery, we gave it back to you since you were in so much pain. Now, you've given it up again. You just had it in your crib, but it's been over a week and you have done fine without it. It seems like you have grown a lot taller. I'm guessing that you have shot up at least an inch. You've slimmed down too, and I think it's because you never slow down. You are always running somewhere. You wear size 18 month clothes, and size 5 1/2-6 shoes. You're in size 5 Pampers. Cheese is your favorite food, and you would eat it for every meal if I let you. You call it "chee". You really love your pottery barn chair, and you stand in it, walk to the edge, then jump off. You've mastered this little "trick", and laugh every time you do it. You still love taking a bath, but recently have started to hate having your teeth brushed unless you are the one brushing them. Maybe it's because those molars made your gums sore. You've done a great job with these two teeth coming in. Just like all the others, you haven't even been fussy. I wouldn't have even known they were coming in except for feeling them. You're a trooper! Your second surgery was a success. They were able to get the stent out. You were put to sleep again, which made me a little nervous but you were in good hands. You had a viral infection and ran some crazy high temps a few weekends ago. Luckily, it ran it's course quickly and you were well within a few days. You had your second hair cut this month from Mrs. Rebecca at Retreat. We will be going back to her. She did a good job. Last night, you sat in my lap and cuddled with me for over 30 minutes. It's been a LONG time since you let me hold you that long. You are always too busy and on the go. I loved every minute of it.


Hudson, you continue to amaze me and you make me the happiest mom in the universe. Thank you for being such a wonderful kid. This stage is so much fun. You are able to do so much. It gets better everyday.

I love you so much more than you will ever know,

Mom

1 comment:

  1. I always enjoy reading the blog's or seeing pictures of the handsome little fellow.You'll should give yourselves a pat on the back for being such great parents.

    ReplyDelete