Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Activities

Since I was off for Good Friday, Hudson and I have been having lots of fun together. We started off the day with an ear re-check at his ped. office. Good news there...his ear infection from a few weeks ago was all cleared up. We headed to meet some friends after that, and had fun seeing some live baby bunnies, and tried to get some pictures with the Easter Bunny but none of the kiddos liked him.



Hudson, Ila, and Ellie headed to see the Easter Bunny. They were so eager to see him, but when they saw him, they wouldn't even get close. Oh well...maybe next year.



This afternoon we went to Old McDonalds Fish Camp for dinner. Hudson really enjoyed eating "puppies" (hushpuppies), and seeing all the animals.













We came home and braved the task of dying eggs with a 1 year old. He had fun, and no messes to speak of.



He got to eat his cute little cupcake from Nana.




He was SO proud of his eggs and super excited about them.

The finished product...


I am really glad that I'm feeling better this afternoon. I had to make a trip to Urgent Care this morning. I started having a ear ache and sore throat last night and had a fever. I was afraid that I had strep throat, but thank goodness I don't. I have an absessed ulcer on my throat and it's pretty painful. At least it's nothing contagious.

Tomorrow is Easter, and don't worry...we haven't forgotten the true meaning of the holiday. Please pray for Dave and I in the morning as we have nursery duty at church. I can handle 20+ five year olds all day but more than two 1 year olds makes my head spin a little. I'm excited to see all the adorableness and Easter outfits though.

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment