Tuesday, January 19, 2010

B&B's Wedding Weekend in Asheville!

Last Thursday evening I sat down to make a list of things to pack for the weekend so that I wouldn't forget any of Hudson's stuff. It looked like this: 2 dressy outfits for events, sleepers, several regular comfy outfits, socks, a ton of bibs and burp cloths, dress shoes, Robees, diapers, wipes, mustella wash and shampoo, whale bathtub, towels and washcloths, Aquaphor, brush, q-tips, desitin, night time socks, Halo sleep sack, pack-n-play and sheets, portable swing, bumbo seat and tray, bouncy seat, toys, stroller, blankets, bottles (and all the parts that go with), draining rack, sterilizer, dish soap, bottle brush, formula, baby food, spoons, pacifiers, medicine,....That's when I decided to STOP!!! I looked at Dave and said "Why don't we just let Hudson stay here with mom?"

My mom planned to go to Asheville with us and take care of Hudson while we attended the different events for Beth and Brian's wedding. We didn't think we were ready to leave him overnight yet. The more I thought about it, I quickly realized that he would be better off here at home with Ra ra. He was still getting over a cold and the weather called for cold rainy days.
SO...off we went. Dave and I were heading out of town ALONE! At first we didn't know what to talk about and we just kept stating how much we missed our boy. We arrived in Asheville and checked into our hotel. It was so weird to not have a baby to care for and worry about. Don't get me wrong...I love that boy more than anything in this world, but it was really nice. We did a little shopping in the Biltmore Village that was right across from our hotel. The first thing I bought was an adorable outfit for Hudson.
The rehearsal dinner was lots of fun. I was so excited to see my friend Ashley. She's been living in Portland, and we have not seen each other in years. It was wonderful to catch up with her. We even got a "Coffee Time" photo with all of the original members.

On Sunday, Dave and I headed out to do a little exploring in Asheville. It's a beautiful place. We went to the Biltmore House, did some shopping, and had a nice lunch at a great restaurant.
The wedding was so awesome. The ceremony was gorgeous, in a place called Homewood. The reception was held at the Grand Bohemian. We had so much fun. I've never been so happy for two people to get married. Brian and Beth are so perfect for each other. They were meant to be together. Congrats, Mr. and Mrs. Brian Simms!






I'm so glad we were able to be there for Beth's special day. It was so nice to see and visit with old friends, but on Monday Dave and I couldn't wait to get home to our boy. The drive was so pretty.

Who wouldn't be excited to come home to this preciousness? Thank goodness I have today off. Hudson and I are going to go outside and play in the warm weather.



Oh...and we plan to make a return trip to Asheville....SOON!





2 comments:

  1. Oh what fun! I have always wanted to go to the Biltmore, it looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great weekend it was! It was wonderful getting to catch up and celebrate lifelong friendships!!

    ReplyDelete