Sunday, January 10, 2010

First Cold, Freezing Temps, Family, and Friends...BUSY WEEK!

WHEW! What a week! Dave and I went back to work after being off for a great Christmas Break. Thank goodness for Winter Break next Monday and Tuesday!

When I picked Hudson up on Tuesday afternoon, he seemed a little stuffy. As the night progressed, he continued to become more and more pitiful. I felt so sorry for him. His little eyes were running water, and he was so congested that he couldn't suck his paci. It's an awful feeling to see your baby sick. I just wanted to take his cold away and suffer it for him. He stayed in good spirits the whole time, smiling, talking, and laughing. I was very concerned and worried because this was his first official cold. Dr. Donahoe (Hudson's ped. urologist) does not want Hudson to get any type of illness due to his kidney. An infection of any kind could be bad. I stayed home with him on Wednesday. It was bitterly cold and I just couldn't justify taking him out in the weather. He stayed inside and stayed warm. He rested, and ate good all day. He was much better by Thursday morning. Lots of our dear friends and family were praying for him to get better, and we are so grateful that he did so quickly. We are very fortunate that he is over 4 months old and this is the first time he's had a cold.
The weather called for a 60% of rain, sleet, and snow on Thursday night. We tried not to get our hopes up, but of course we wanted some snow. It didn't happen, but I did get an hour delay for work on Friday morning. Not sure why..It wasn't any different than any other morning of the week, but I didn't complain.

We spent the weekend visiting with friends and family. We went over to Erin, Jarvis, and Ila's house on Sat. night. Ila is 10 weeks older than Hudson, and let me tell you...she's precious. Erin and I went through our pregnancies together, and we want our babies to be close friends.


Sunday was filled with birthday celebrations. We had lunch at Mac. Grill for my Granddaddy's birthday, and had dinner at Matt and Trish's house for Matt's (Dave's bro) birthday. Hudson had fun playing with his cousins Joshua and Owen. Owen is 9 weeks younger than Hudson. Those two are going to be something else in a year or two.
My big boy is really enjoying his food. So far he's tried rice cereal, oatmeal, green beans, peas, bananas, pears, and applesauce. He loves it all.

It's hard to believe that Monday is already here again. We'll be traveling to North Carolina next weekend. Hopefully we will get to play in some snow! Stay tuned...

As always..I leave you with a recent picture of my handsome boy. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment