Friday, May 14, 2010

The Terrific Trio


For the past five years, I have worked with a great team. Kathryn and Michelle are not just my co-workers but are two of my dearest friends. We've been there for each other through pregnancies, our kids' births, family deaths, lots of good times, and many sad times. We have been through GKAP, GKIDS, DIBELS, MCLASS, progress monitoring, field trips, end of year programs (I must say that we have put on THE BEST EOY programs!), maternity leaves, lesson plans, "report cards", and SO much more. We know each other so well, and can read each other's minds without even saying a word. We know what to say at the right time, and what not to say.

It's hard to believe that we won't be working on the same grade level next year. I am going to miss these two SO much. It makes me so sad not just because I will miss my friends, but because I know where their hearts are, and where they really want to be. We won't be on the same grade level, but that won't stop our friendship. Our friendship is true and this is just a little bump in the road. I wish both of you the best of luck. This isn't the end. We'll be back together again soon. Thanks for being such great friends.

3 comments:

  1. Plus, your clothes often match!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so special to have that bond with fellow co-workers. I'm sorry you won't get to stay in the same grade level next year but I'm sure you've formed friendships that will last a lifetime, nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am crying right now! It has been a joy teaching with you, Lisa. You are not just a suite mate but a very dear and good friend. Thank you for your caring thoughts and friendship. She will not change our friendship only our grade level..... We are the best grade level for the records!!!!!!!!!!!!
    See you Thursday!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete