Saturday, January 29, 2011

Hourglass

I love this song by Mindy Glendhill. Having a little boy is so much fun and such a blessing. You mamas out there that have little boys know what I mean. Don't forget to click play to hear the song!
Little boy, when you speak


I can't help but kiss your cheeks


I love the way you grab my hands


and tell me all about your plans




Rocket high, comets fly

you and I could hitch a ride

and fly away to Neverland

and give our best to Peter Pan


When you reach for the stars


Don't forget who you are


And please don't turn around and grow up way too fast

See the sand in my grasp

from the first to the last

every grain becomes a memory of the past

Oh, life's an hourglass

Life's an hourglass

Stories read, prayer is said

close your eyes sleepyhead

While angels linger in your dreams

and hold you in their feathered wings

just like you, I was small

not that long ago at all

I wish you all the happiness

that God gives freely if you ask



No comments:

Post a Comment