Saturday, January 8, 2011

An Unwelcomed First

Hudson got a little cold a few days after Christmas. It was never really bad, and when he went to the doc. to get his second dose flu shot, I had Dr. Nesbit check him, and he was recovering fine. It never really slowed him down. WELL, fast forward to Thursday morning at 3 a.m....Hudson wakes up screaming. I don't mean just a little fussy. He was SCREAMING! It was awful. Dave and I could do nothing to console him. I knew something was wrong. He's a good sleeper and has slept through the night since he was 10 weeks old. He cried until 8 am. I got him an appt. with Dr. Nesbit, and it turns out that he's got his first ear infection. A double one at that! Both ears infected...yuck! We are thankful that we were able to go 16 months without getting one. I felt so bad for my little man yesterday afternoon. He was feeling SO bad. He even scared me because I had never seen him that sick except for when he was in the hospital after his surgery.

He seems to be feeling better this morning and is acting more like himself again. We plan to stay inside and just rest for most of the weekend just to be on the safe side. I want this boy well!

The weather calls for snow, and "wintery mix" on Sunday night and Monday. Hopefully I will get an extra day off to stay home and hang out with my Huddy Buddy.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I hope he bounces back quickly! I hate that helpless feeling that comes along with sick little ones :-/

    Karinya @ Unlikely Origins
    www.unlikelyorigins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete